Just for your own information, we have a very comprehensive sports programme at the Academy.
In addition to the sports listed for the Clinics:
- Cross Country Running
- Horse Riding
We also offer the following sports activities listed below, every single student that comes to Dublin Oak will participate in the following sports/exercise as part of our Physical education programme:
- Gaelic Football (Irish traditional Football)
- Tag Rugby
- Boxercise (physical exercise using boxing gloves and pads)
- Gym (cardiovascular & resistance training)
- Swimming (not confirmed)
- Dodge ball
- Rounder’s (Baseball)
- Theory (including: the Muscular system, the Skeleton system and First Aid)
- Olympic Handball
All of our students will be constantly monitored regarding their fitness levels and growth rate.
We do this by applying fitness tests periodically and recording their progress, the tests we apply include:
- Copper Test: Endurance (measuring the distance a student can run in 12 minutes)
- Speed Test: 60m Sprint (timed)
- Strength: Push ups/side steps (counting the amount done in 1 minute)
We weight the students (optional) and keep track of their height.
Hope this information comes in useful.
Mr. Mark Doran
General Dean/Sports Coordinator